BIRTHS, MARRIAGES AND DEATHS IN THE COMOX VALLEY REGION
Province of British Columbia Indexes of Birth (to 1903), Marriage (after 75 years) and Death (after 20 years) are available online at the BC Archives website.
Cemetery Indexes available at the Courtenay & District Museum E-mail email@example.com
- Courtenay Civic Cemetery (Updated 2008) (For Sale)
was established in 1953. It incorporated the Old Presbyterian Cemetery which dates from about 1873. In the 1920s a fire destroyed the Presbyterian burial records as well as the wooden crosses in the Loggers Section. Both old and new sections were transcribed BY OUR GROUP from 1991 to 1993 with a few additions in 1994. The records have now been updated to the end of October 2007. Dates of burial were included if they were on the plot plan. Each record was also cross-checked with the City of Courtenay burial records.
If you find a person of interest in the INDEX , contact us for more information. The cemetery is administered by the City of Courtenay, 830 Cliffe Ave., Courtenay BC, V9N 2J7, Phone 250-334-4441, Fax 250-334-4241, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cumberland Cemetery (For Sale) has been transcribed by Comox Valley Family History Research Group. If you find a person of interest in the INDEX , contact us for more information.
- Hornby Island Cemetery (For Sale) has been transcribed. An index is now available.
Please contact us
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Comox
- Anglican Churches in the Comox Valley: St. John the Divine, St. Peters Comox, St.
Andrews Sandwick, Holy Trinity Cumberland
- Black Creek Cemetery, transcribed by Campbell River Genealogy Society
Piercy's Funeral Home & Crematorium, 440 England Ave., Courtenay BC, V9N 2N1, Phone 250-334-4464
2.Comox Valley Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 1101 Ryan Rd., Courtenay BC, V9N 3R6, Phone 250-334-0707
- INDEX OF BIRTHS, MARRIAGES & DEATHS. We are currently indexing Births, Marriages and Deaths in local newspapers (Courtenay, Comox, Cumberland and surrounding rural areas) . NOTE: Due to privacy concerns, dates of events are omitted, (except for obituaries in the Comox Valley Record) but will be provided in response to requests.
1895-1932 (PDF) Free Press 1933-1939 (PDF) 1940-1945 (PDF) Free Press 1940-1945 (PDF) 1946-1950 (PDF) Free Press 1946-1950 (PDF) 1951-1955 (PDF) Free Press 1951-1955 (PDF) 1956-1959 (PDF) (includes Argus 1956 and 1957 which are kept at the Campbell River Museum) Free Press 1956-1960 (PDF) Free Press 1961-1965 (PDF) 1986 - 2008 (Comox Valley Record, obituaries only) indexing completed Free Press 1966-1970 (PDF)
Free Press 1971-1975 (PDF)
- 1976+ (Free Press) on film, currently being indexed.
OBITUARIES. If you can provide a name and date, we will do a search for a small fee. Write to Comox Valley Family History Research Group, c/o Courtenay & District Museum, 219 Fourth St., Courtenay BC, V9N 1G7 or contact us for more information.
Newspaper archives are available at the Courtenay & District Museum. See the list of newspapers on their web site
Current newspapers are